Ketchikan Rainforest Canoe and Nature Trail
Your adventure will begin with a scenic motorcoach tour leading you to a secluded mountain lake, surrounded by the Tongass National Forest. Lake Harriet Hunt is part of the lush rainforest and is ideal for canoeing.
Your Alaska Native-style, 37-foot, 20 passenger canoes are fast, stable, and easy to maneuver. An experienced guide will interpret the unique ecosystem and cultural history of the Ketchikan area while you scan for wildlife.
Stop ashore at a remote camp for a native-style snack and a guided nature walk that highlights the flora and fauna of the rainforest.
Paddle back to your motorcoach and enjoy your scenic and relaxing ride back to your ship.
- Must weigh 40 lbs. in order to fit in the required life jackets.
- Must be moderate to good physical condition.
- Must be able to enter/exit the canoe and assist with rowing.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children between 13 and 17 must have signed parental consent if not accompanied by an adult.
Trip Activities: Glacier lake canoeing
Duration: About 3.5 hours including transportation (about 2 hours on the water)
Tour Operator Provides: Transportation from/to the cruise ship harbor, experienced guide, permits, rain gear, life jackets, snacks.
You Bring: Dress in warm layers, an extra pair of socks, sunglasses, sunscreen, and comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.