Guided Glacier Lake Paddle
An unparalleled view of the magnificent Mendenhall Glacier! Paddle through a glacial environment, an immense river of ice with icebergs dotting your path and waterfalls raging from the towering peaks.
Great for adventurers of all experience levels and your guide will enhance the natural beauty of the area with personal stories and naturalist interpretations.
After a safety briefing and instruction you’ll point your bows toward the awe-inspiring glacier and paddle on the silt-rich lake that glows with icebergs of all shapes and sizes beneath the grand peaks of the Coast Mountain Range.
Don’t forget to scan the shorelines, mountains, and sky around you for possible wildlife sightings – mountain goats, black bear, porcupine, river otter, beaver, eagles, arctic terns, gulls, and more inhabit this area!
- Fit enough to paddle for 2 hours, sometimes in rough conditions.
- Strong and agile enough to enter and exit a kayak with limited assistance.
Trip Activities: Kayaking on a glacier lake among icebergs and near glacier face
Duration: About 3.5 hours including transportation (2 hours on the water)
Tour Operator Provides: Professional guide, permits, transportation from/to cruise ship harbor, double sea kayaks and paddling accessories, rain gear (jacket/pants), rubber boots, light snack, bottled water, small dry bag and/or zip lock bags for cell phones and cameras
You Bring: Prepare for rain and hope for sunshine in regards to the weather. Due to the cool, damp climate it is best to wear clothing made of polyester, wool, fleece, nylon, polypropylene, and/or capilene.
- TOP LAYERS – T-Shirt, long sleeve shirt, insulating layer (i.e., fleece jacket), gloves (fleece liner type), warm hat, sunglasses
- BOTTOM LAYERS – Long underwear (weather dependent), comfortable pants, extra pair of socks (for wearing in rubber boots)
- OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING – Sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera, extra snacks, rain jacket, rain pants, binoculars, pre-filled reusable water bottle
Private trip available.