Exclusive Dogsledding Experience[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Looking for an authentic Iditarod Experience? This unique extended dog mushing trip is for you! You’ll have more than twice the time mushing or playing with the dogs! Great memory-making family fun! Not to be missed by dog lovers.
You’ll begin by soaring over towering mountain tops, untouched wilderness, picturesque alpine meadows, and crystal lakes.
Fly over the impressive Juneau Icefield and see up close the advancing Taku Glacier, cascading Hole-in-the-Wall Glacier, mysterious floating Dead Branch Glacier, and then land on the Norris Glacier, home of this exclusive dog-mushing activity that gives you 2.5 hours on the glacier and with the dogs than the typical dogsled experience!
Hands-on learning of what it takes to be a real musher.
- We will teach you how to put on the dog harnesses and booties, and how to drive a dog sled
- You’ll mush at least four miles with your dog team & guide
- You’ll also be a part of the behind the scenes wellness care that goes into each animal
- You’ll help to give the dogs a snack during this extra-long run across the glacier.
- After the mushing, you’ll be invited into our crew’s camp to visit our tents and see how we live on the glacier all summer long.
This is the trip of a lifetime!
- Children must be 2+ years old.
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain
Trip Activities: Transportation from/to the cruise ship harbor, flightseeing, dog mushing, dog care and feeding, play time
Duration: About 5 hours
Tour Operator Provides: Transportation, helicopter, guides, dogs & light snack
You Bring: Dress in layers, hooded weather-resistant jacket, sturdy hiking shoes, gloves and sunglasses
- Very limited availability – only 1 daily departure
- Weight over 250 subject to surcharge
- Wheelchairs boarding available at the heliport, however glacier and camp are not wheelchair accessible