Channel Islands Marine Park Paddle
Imagine an uninhabited island landscape of lush and vibrant temperate rainforest, exquisite snow-capped peaks and flowing glaciers. Your neighbors may be feeding humpbacks, curious sea lions, playful porpoise, soaring eagles or other wildlife.
Water taxi transport will take you on a 20 minute ride over an inland water crossing to a private cove on Lincoln Island in the protected Channel Islands Marine Park.
Explore this remote wilderness by kayak and trail, as your guide leads you on a paddle adventure and hike through the rainforest to hidden observation points.
Relax at our island base camp and enjoy a healthy snack while taking in the magnificent scenery. From both water and land, you may see humpback whales, harbor seals, steller sea lions; dall’s porpoise; harbor porpoise; orca; and numerous bird species including bald eagles and blue heron, and deer or river otters along the shore. Throughout this trip, our expert guides and boat captain will share their local knowledge of the area and interesting information about the wildlife and their behaviors. Be prepared to take in the beauty of glaciers in the distance and the majestic mountains of the Chilkat and Coast Ranges.
Expert guides and boat captain will share their local knowledge and interesting information about wildlife and their behaviors.
Expect views of distant glaciers and the spectacular Chilkat and Coast mountain ranges and a unique and serene outdoor activity. This is the preeminent Southeast Alaska paddling and island adventure.
Family friendly and suitable for all experience levels. This eco-adventure is sure to provide a new perspective on the world of remote Southeast Alaska!
- Moderate fitness level with no experience necessary.
- Minimum age 8. Younger children OK if booking a private trip.
- Height, weight, shoe and clothing sizes, and various allergy/medical information will need to be provided.
Trip Activities: Boating, kayaking, light hiking
Duration: About 6.5 hours
Tour Operator Provides: Transportation from/to cruise ship harbor, professional guide and boat captain, water taxi to Channel Islands, tandem kayaks (individual kayaks require private trip), all necessary paddling equipment, rain gear, rubber boots, required permits, gourmet snacks, bottled water
You Bring: Dress in warm layers, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Children 6 to 8 years old, shorter than 57 inches, or weighing less than 65lbs must have a booster seat (not provided)
- Kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) have a hard time operating the rudder because the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance. However, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that may introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip. We strives to accommodate various conditions, restrictions and/or limitations and can better do so with prior knowledge. Women who are pregnant are welcome to participate in this trip with a doctor’s note confirming the safety of their participation in the activities of the tour.